Make an imprint in the Intelligence pathway working in planning, strategy and operations at one of Defence's 3 intelligence agencies.
The Intelligence pathway accepts applications from all degree disciplines and is suited for graduates with an interest in:
- critical thinking
- international studies
- national security
All successful candidates commence their training on a salary of $71,207 per year plus 15.4% superannuation.
On successful completion, graduates will advance to a higher salary with the amount dependent on which training pathway has been completed.
Defence's generous remuneration package, conditions of service, flexibility and leave benefits will contribute to an enjoyable work/life balance.
Locations vary depending on the Defence group selected.
- Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation (AGO) - Canberra.
- Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) - Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Perth.
- Defence Intelligence Organisation (DIO) - Canberra.
Defence offers relocation assistance for successful interstate graduates
12 months – 3 x 4-month rotations.
Applicants to the Intelligence pathway will begin a career in one of the following Defence intelligence areas:
- Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) - ASD works across intelligence, cyber security and offensive cyber operations in support of the Australian Government and Australian Defence Force.
- Defence Intelligence Group (DIG)
- Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation (AGO) - Part of DIG and the lead agency for geospatial data, information and intelligence for Defence and the national intelligence community.
- Defence Intelligence Organisation (DIO) - Part of DIG, transforming information from a national and international sources into reliable insights that help defend Australia and protect its interests.