Effective 8 October 2021
Update (11 March 2022): The ASDEFCON (Support) template has been updated to implement the recommendations made by the Auditor-General Report No. 4 2021-22 Performance Audit - Defence's Contract Administration - Defence Industry Security Program The following live updates have also been made to ASDEFCON (Support) primarily in relation to the Enhanced AIC Contractual Framework provisions and to ensure consistency with ASDEFCON (Strategic Materiel) Version 5.1:
- fixes to the Adjustment and Australian Contract Expenditure (ACE) clauses in Attachment B;
- changes identifying applicable Sovereign Industry Capability Priorities in Attachment F;
- changes to AIC Compliance Certificates;
- changes to Approved Subcontractor Deeds;
- updates to relevant Data Item Descriptions, completing the changes required to implement the Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016
ASDEFCON (Support) is a Performance Based Contracting (PBC) template for the support of materiel systems including platform based mission systems, vehicle fleets, complex ICT systems, and complex subsystems fitted to one or multiple mission system types. Further guidance on when to use ASDEFCON (Support) has been included in the Contract Template Selection and Tailoring Guide.
The most recent version of ASDEFCON (Support) is version 5.0 incorporating:
- new provisions to align with the new enhance Australian Industry Capability (AIC) contractual framework;
- inclusion of the new Support Pricing Workbook for the enhanced AIC contractual framework;
- new Cyber Insurance provisions;
- new provisions for use when the scope of work contains Commonwealth Funded Building Work (as defined in the Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016);
- new provisions for use when the procurement is subject to the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth);
- new provisions to incorporate the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework;
- new provisions to give effect to the Payment Times Procurement Connected Policy; and
- various updates reflecting changes in Defence policies and commercial standards.
Other new changes include minor typographical and grammatical changes, updated weblinks and references.
The following files represent the complete template for downloading ASDEFCON (Support) version 5.0.
This version is current as of 11 March 2022..
Preliminary Pages (PDF)
Part 1 - Conditions of Tender (PDF)
Part 1 - Annexes to the Conditions of Tender (PDF)
Part 2 - Draft Conditions of Contract (PDF)
Part 2 - Attachments to the Draft Conditions of Contract (PDF)
Part 2 - Support Pricing Workbook (ZIP)
Part 3 - Draft Statement of Work (PDF)
Part 3 - Annexes to the Draft Statement of Work (PDF)
Part 3 - Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) (PDF)
Part 3 - Supplementary Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) (PDF)
Part 3 - Detailed Service Descriptions (DSDs) (PDF)
Contractor Standing Capability Module for ASDEFCON (Support) (PDF)
Alternatively, a zipped copy of ASDEFCON (Support) (ZIP) in Microsoft Word format is also available for downloading. When extracting from Winzip please ensure you select "all files" and "use folder names".
The Department of Defence accepts no responsibility or liability for the use of this document. For specific procurements, the Department reserves the right to make changes to the document (or select particular clause 'options') and is not bound to use the document for any particular procurement.
The following guidance has been produced to assist procurement staff in using ASDEFCON (Support) version 5.0:
- The Australian Industry Capability (AIC) Guide for ASDEFCON has been developed to assist template users to understand, develop, request and implement an effective AIC program to achieve AIC Objectives, using the enhanced AIC contractual framework.
- The Australian Contract Expenditure (ACE) Guide for ASDEFCON complements the ACE Measurement Rules, introduced as part of the enhanced AIC contractual framework for ASDEFCON. The Guide also supports the Microsoft Excel® workbooks that collect tendered pricing data and form part of the price and payments schedule for a resultant contract.
- The Australian Contract Expenditure (ACE) Measurement Rules have been developed to standardise the way in which Australian Contract Expenditure and Imported Contract Expenditure (ICE) are measured across relevant Defence procurements. The rules form part of Defence’s Australian Industry Capability program and support Defence industry policies including the 2019 Defence Policy for Industry Participation
- Statement of Work Tailoring Guide for ASDEFCON (Support) V4.0 (PDF) provides guidance for drafters tailoring the SOW. While this Guide is designed for use with Version 4.0 of the ASDEFCON (Support) template, it is still generally applicable to Version 5.0, but must be used with caution. The Guide will be updated in the future.
- PPBC Guide for ASDEFCON (Support) V4.0 (PDF) while this Guide is designed for use with Version 4.0 of the ASDEFCON (Support) template, it is still generally applicable to Version 5.0, but must be used with caution. The Guide will be updated in the future.
- Performance Management Framework (PDF)
- Allowable Payment Types (PDF)
- Rewards and Remedies (PDF)
The ASDEFCON (Support) version 1.1 handbook is no longer applicable to the ASDEFCON (Support) version 5.0 template. Should you still wish to view the handbook, you can find a copy here.
A single PDF version of the ASDEFCON (Support) version 5.0 template is available to assist ASDEFCON (Support) training course attendees.