The Office of Defence Industry Support (ODIS) is the one-stop-shop for Defence industry support and guidance.
ODIS provides a seamless experience for business to engage with Defence. It is the trusted link for Australian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) looking to enter or expand their footprint in the Defence industry.
The core function of ODIS, through its offices around Australia, is to provide advisory, guidance and mentoring services to SMEs.
ODIS also works with State and Territory agencies, industry associations and Defence business partners, to position the Defence industry to deliver capability that equips and sustains the Australian Defence Force.
- Specialist defence business advice, increasing the competitiveness of Australian Defence SME partners so they have the capability to integrate into supply chains and grow to become competitive providers.
- Direct linkages to Defence procurement programs through proactively identifying needs of Defence capability managers and delivery groups.
- Identify current SMEs who can meet Defence needs in the short term and assist to build the capability of Defence industry over longer term horizons.
- Direct linkages to Defence end users to support innovative industry initiatives.
- Assist SMEs to work with end users and existing Defence projects and industry programs to support greater innovative industry outcomes.
- Tailor grants to assist the development of SMEs to meet Defence requirements in the short, medium and long terms.
- Work closely with other key Australian Government initiatives that support Australian SMEs, as well as initiatives at the State and Territory Government level.