The aim of the Explosive ordnance facilities northern NSW redevelopment at Defence Establishment Orchard Hills, Mulgoa NSW, is to ensure fit-for-purpose facilities and infrastructure.
Defence recognises the importance of providing local residents, statutory authorities and other interested stakeholders with an opportunity to provide input into, or raise concerns relating to the project.
Consultation on the proposed works will occur with Federal and State Parliamentary members as well as the local council, Chamber of Commerce or equivalent, and the community.
Information drop-in sessions will outline the proposed new and upgraded facilities for the project. These sessions also seek feedback from the community.
Proposed works are expected to commence in early 2024.
Project key elements.
- Redevelopment of infrastructure covering engineering services, potable and fire-water reticulation, electrical systems, information and communication technology, and wastewater management services.
- New administration and working accommodation facilities for Defence staff and contractors in the Penrith area.
- New Defence Explosive Ordnance Training School, inclusive of instructional rooms, administration facilities and outdoor range training areas.
- New trainee and staff living-in accommodation for long residential training courses.
- New wellbeing facilities, including consolidated messing and gymnasium facilities.
- New and upgraded base entry and security, including reconfiguration of entry, perimeter fencing, lighting and Close Circuit TV and dedicated ADF Cadets precinct.
- Demolition of obsolete facilities that have reached their end of life within the Defence estate.
- Replacement ammunition processing building.