- Tourist Access Application and Permit: use this form to apply for tourist access to routes within the Woomera Prohibited Area (WPA).
- You may travel on the following roads without a permit:
- Stuart Highway
- Lake Cadibarrawirracanna Road (Public Access Route)
- Olympic Dam Highway (B97)
- William Creek Road
- Woomera Village.
- Access permits are required for all other roads.
- Permission to travel in the WPA, including those roads listed above, may be suspended from time to time to protect people or property; see Exclusion periods.
Exploration and mining
- Application for a Resource Exploration Permit (W001) (DOC) or Resource Production Permit (W002) (DOC): use this form to apply for a new permit or permit renewal for resource exploration or production activity in the WPA.
- Application for Approved Person Status (W003) (DOC): use this form to apply for Approved Person status in the WPA.
- Escorted Person Notification (W004) (DOC): use this form to notify Escorted Person status in the WPA.
Exploration Access Request
- Access Form – Resources (W007) (XLS): after a permit and Approved Person or Escorted Person status has been obtained, use this form to apply for access to the exploration area or tenements on specific dates with at least 10 business days notice.
Change of tenements, details or circumstances
- Notification of a Variation in Permit: Change of Details or Circumstances (W010) (DOC): use this form to change the details of an existing permit for exploration or production tenements in the WPA.
- Commonwealth or South Australian Government Access Notification (W011) (DOC): use this form to apply for Commonwealth or South Australian Government employee (or appointed contractor) access to the WPA.
Prospecting and opal mining
- Opal Mining and Precious Stone Prospecting Access Application and Permit (W006) (DOC): use this form to apply for an access permit for opal mining and precious stone prospecting in the WPA.
- Opal Mining and Precious Stone Prospecting Dates of Access Notification (W006a) (DOC): After a permit has been obtained, use this form to notify Defence of your proposed access dates in accordance with Condition 1(a) of your Opal Mining and Precision Stone Prospecting Permit.
Research or other purpose access
- Application for Research or Environmental Access Permit (W008) (DOC): use this form to apply for access for research or environmental monitoring purposes.
- Application for Other Purpose Access (W009) (DOC): use this form to apply for access for any other purpose.