Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board
The Woomera Prohibited Area (WPA) Advisory Board monitor and report on the balance of national security and economic interests in the WPA; oversee the implementation of the co-existence policy arrangements; and foster strategic relationships between Defence and non-Defence users of the WPA.
Specifically, the Board monitor and recommend amendments to co-existence policies and procedures; develop high-level relationships between Defence and the resources sector; resolve disputes between Defence and non-Defence users; report annually on the balance of interests in the WPA; and conduct a review every seven years of the balance of interests in the WPA. The first review of the balance of interests in the WPA will be held in 2018.
The Board is supported by membership from relevant Commonwealth and State agencies and secretariat support from the joint Commonwealth-South Australian Government Woomera Prohibited Area Coordination Office. The Board currently meets twice a year.
Terms of reference
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Terms of Reference, as endorsed by the Board on 18 December 2012
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report 2015–16
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report 2014–15
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report, 1 October 2013–30 June 2014
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report, 5 October 2012–30 September 2013
- Hon Amanda Vanstone, Chair
- Hon Paul Holloway, Deputy Chair
- Air Marshal Leo Davies AO CSC, Chief of Air Force
- Dr Paul Heithersay PSM, Deputy Chief Executive, South Australian Government Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Andy Keough CSC, CEO Defence SA, South Australian Government
- Mark Lawson, Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Rebecca Skinner, Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Defence