Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board
The Woomera Prohibited Area (WPA) Advisory Board monitors and reports on the balance of national security and economic interests in the WPA; oversees the implementation of the coexistence policy arrangements; and fosters strategic relationships between Defence and non-Defence users of the WPA.
Specifically, the Board monitors and recommends amendments to coexistence policies and procedures; develops high-level relationships between Defence and the resources sector and other non-Defence users; resolves disputes between Defence and non-Defence users; and reports annually on the balance of interests in the WPA.
The Board is supported by membership from relevant Commonwealth and South Australian Government agencies and secretariat support from the Woomera Prohibited Area Coordination Office. The Board currently meets twice a year.
Terms of reference
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Terms of Reference, as endorsed by the Board on 18 December 2012
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report 2016–17
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report 2015–16
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report 2014–15
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report, 1 October 2013–30 June 2014
- Woomera Prohibited Area Advisory Board Annual Report, 5 October 2012–30 September 2013
- Appointed members
- The Hon Amanda Vanstone, Chair
- The Hon Paul Holloway, Deputy Chair
- Ex officio members
- Scott Dewar, Acting Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Defence
- Air Marshal Leo Davies AO CSC, Chief of Air Force
- Dr Paul Heithersay PSM, Deputy Chief Executive, South Australian Government Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Mike Lawson, Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Richard Price, Chief Executive, Defence SA, South Australian Government