Personnel commencing work in Estate & Infrastructure Group (E&IG), attend a Defence Estate Quality Management System (DEQMS) Induction. This session is facilitated by the DEQMS Quality Manager to ensure relevant personnel become competent users of the quality system and know how to seek further assistance from the DEQMS Team if required. The DEQMS Team are also looking to provide DEQMS Roadshows and DEQMS / QMS training with external Consultants and Contractors.
The DEQMS Induction provides an overview on:
- how the DEQMS was designed as a process driven system to provide users with a platform incorporating Governance, Risk and Compliance;
- the operability and importance of this on-line quality system for the management of the Defence Estate;
- how the DEQMS certification to AS/NZS 9001:2008 standards is maintained via ongoing reviews to ensure the core set of policy, procedures, processes and support tools published on the DEQMS add value to the Strategy & Concepts, Risk Mitigation & Requirement Setting, Acquisition,In-Service & Disposal stages of the Estate Life Cycle;
- how to publish and update processes in liaison with the DEQMS Team;
- how to provide feedback, continuous improvement and seek assistance from the DEQMS Team; and
- the importance of circulating DEQMS updates about new on-line publications and their location, process amendments and/or additional training to support key amendments.
For more information please contact the DEQMS Team or visit the Human Resources page to download the Induction Checklist that outlines responsibilities for supervisors and new starters.