Capability Acquisition and Sustainment
Commercial Division, makes a critical contribution to the acquisition and support of Australian Defence Force capability through the provision of strategic commercial law advice and contracting support services to Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) Program Offices and System Project Offices, as well as its role in maintaining the currency of Defence procurement policy and processes. Commercial Division also has whole-of-Defence responsibility for procurement training and professionalisation of the Procurement and Contracting Job Family.
Commercial Division strives to be customer focused, accountable and outcome-driven, working collaboratively with its customers to deliver business solutions that appropriately balance commercial risk and the need for compliance and consistency. Commercial Division is also strongly focused on procurement policy and process improvement and works collaboratively with its internal stakeholders and industry to identify and implement opportunities aimed at improving the commerciality of materiel procurement processes and outcomes and the costs of doing business with CASG.
Commercial Division delivers services to CASG under a centre-led delivery model comprising CASG Legal, Procurement Policy and specialist Procurement and Contracting officers, with Centres of Expertise specialising in performance based contracting, project delivery models (including public-private partnerships), work health and safety in procurement and e-business. Our services include:
- provision of specialist contracting support services
- provision of strategic commercial legal advice
- maintenance and continuous improvement of the Defence Procurement and Policy Manual (DPPM) and the Australian Standard for Defence Contracting (ASDEFCON) templates
- professionalisation responsibility for the Defence Procurement and Contracting Job Family
- management of the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment - Support Services Panel (CAS-SS)
- delivery of e-tendering and AusTender reporting services.