Air 5431 Facilities Project
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works
PWC Process Stages
The PWC’s Manual of Procedures for Departments and Agencies identifies eight steps in the PWC process:
- Identification of the need to refer a proposed public work to the PWC;
- the preparation of a submission to the PWC (the Statement of Evidence);
- the referral of a proposed project to the PWC;
- pre-public hearing activities;
- site inspection;
- public hearing and follow-up; and
- the tabling of the PWC’s report in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- Parliamentary approval by the House of Representatives for work to commence.
In practice, Defence groups these steps into four distinct phases: referral, hearing, expediency and reporting.
- The Project was referred in Parliament on the 16 September 2015.
- The Hearing will be held on a date TBC in Canberra.
- The expediency date for the Project will be advertised in this space in the future.
- PWC report outcomes will be published in this space in the future.
Click here for a link to the PWC Report and Statement of Evidence.