- On-the-job and off-the-job learning and development to achieve industry-based professional recognition. This includes supporting you to complete Engineers Australia accreditation competencies.
- Funded Engineers Australia membership
- An opportunity to complete an industry graduate rotation external to Defence
- Opportunity to build on the skills you learned at university
- Emphasis on work-life balance
- Your will work on complex projects that are of national significance and are in direct support of the Australian Defence force
- Advancement to APS 5 level on successful completion of the Capability Pathway
- Opportunities to become a professional Engineer through certification with an appropriate peak body
Engineers account for up to half of the Capability Pathway’s graduate intake. The opportunity for exciting and challenging engineering roles is limitless, therefore, we are seeking engineers, in a range of disciplines, to take on a career in Defence to work on nationally significant projects supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) that are complex and highly valued. Your work as an engineer within Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) will be contributing to the operational success of the ADF.
As a graduate on the 18-month Capability Pathway, you will undertake three six-month rotations. These rotations will take place at various locations around Australia to provide you with a broad perspective of engineering in Defence.
The Capability Pathway will provide the opportunity for work rotations and placements in a range of other leading edge projects that provide rewarding careers in engineering. They include:
- The Joint Strike Fighter;
- F/A-18F Super Hornets
- Collins Class Submarines or the Future Submarines program
- Future Frigates Program
- The Air Warfare Destroyer program
- Soldier modernisation and protection systems
- The Multi-Role Helicopter program
- Electronic warfare, communications or surveillance systems, or
- Guided weapons systems
The engineering disciplines we are seeking include:
- Aerospace and Aeronautical
- Explosive Ordnance
- Instrumentation & Control
- Naval Architecture
- Computer Systems/ICT
For more detailed information about CASG, view the links below
Ready to apply? Find out more about applying at the How to Apply page.
You might also want to check out the following general information: