The Estate and Infrastructure Group Asbestos Management Plan has been developed in accordance with Regulation 429 of the WHS Regulations and aligns with the Code of Practice ‘How to manage and control asbestos in the workplace’ and the Code of Practice ‘How to safely remove asbestos’. The Estate and Infrastructure Group Asbestos Management Plan replaces both the Strategic Asbestos Management Plan and the Regional Asbestos Management Plans.
The Estate and Infrastructure Group Asbestos Management Plan:
- States the requirement and procedures to identify the location of asbestos and ACM.
- Includes decisions—and reasons for them—about the management of asbestos at the workplace, for example safe work procedures and control measures.
- Is maintained with up-to-date information.
- Is reviewed at least every five years or when requested by a health and safety representative, or when asbestos is removed, disturbed, sealed or enclosed, or when changes to a control measure are made or when the plan is no longer adequate.
- Is accessible to any worker or the PCBU who has carried out or intends to carry out work at the workplace and any health and safety representatives who represent workers at the workplace.
- Provides information, consultation and training responsibilities to workers carrying out work involving asbestos.
- Identifies those with responsibilities and their responsibility under the asbestos management plan.
- Describes air monitoring procedures at the workplace.