Australian Defence Force Ceremonial
The Chief of Defence Force is responsible for all official ceremonial and commemorative activities undertaken by the ADF in support of the Government of Australia and the wider Australian and veteran communities. This may involve the utilisation of specialised ceremonial units such as Australia's Federation Guard. Priority for the provision of Australian Defence Force support to such events in the following manner:
- National days of significance: These include Australia Day, Anzac Day and Remembrance Day.
- Vice Regal: Tasks that have originated from Government House to support the Governor General.
- Government: Tasks that have originated form the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, for the Prime Minister of Australia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Australia War Memorial: Major national commemorative events.
- Community Requested: Ceremonial support requested by organisations within the community, including veteran's groups and schools.