Defence Procurement Policy Manual
DPPM 09 OCTOBER 2020
The DPPM is the principal compliance document for Defence officials conducting procurement. It has been re-written to more clearly set out the mandatory policy with which Defence officials must comply when undertaking procurement.
The Purpose of the DPPM is to:
- assist Defence officials to comply with the requirements of the CPRs and Defence policy when undertaking procurement;
- provide Defence officials with a plain English document that is simple to understand and use when undertaking procurement;
- update Defence's approach to procurement to reduce red tape and costs to industry;
- encourage officials to use more strategic approaches, commercial expertise and good practice, when procuring for Defence; and
- encourage officials to engage early with Defence industry to stimulate competition and innovation, and work with industry to develop better solutions and outcomes for Defence.