Defence Export Controls (DEC) issues a variety of import and end use certificates to facilitate imports of goods that are controlled under foreign export control laws. Before goods are exported to Australia, the foreign government may require an International Import Certificate or a Non Transfer and End Use Certificate, to certify the goods will be subject to Australian export control laws. The foreign government may also require you to provide a Delivery Verification Certificate when the goods arrive in Australia.

You can apply to DEC for one of these certificates. To complete the application form you will need to quote your DEC Client Registration Number (DCRN). If you don't have a DCRN, you must first register with DEC.