skip to navigation skip to content skip to footer

Pay and Conditions

ADF Member's Guide

Aide-de-camp, ADF advisor and Service police investigator allowances

You may have to hire or buy civilian clothing to perform some of your duties.

Who can get these allowances?

You may get Aide-de Camp, ADF advisor or Service Police investigator allowance if you are a member of the:

  • Permanent Forces
  • Reserves on continuous full-time service, or
  • Reserves on Reserve service.

When can I get an allowance?

You may get the Aide-de-Camp, ADF advisor and Service police investigator allowances to cover the cost of hiring or buying civilian clothing for your position or posting.

You may get this allowance if you have to perform official representational duties.

You may get this allowance as well as your military uniform.

Can I get other allowances at the same time?

You may also get uniform allowance at the same time.

More information about these allowances and specific amounts can be found in Chapter 10 Part 3 and Part 5.

Important information

As the name suggests, this Member's Guide is designed as a guide to help you understand how your pay and conditions work. It is not a legal document. Therefore, if there is any conflict between the Member's Guide and Defence Determination 2016/19, Conditions of Service (and the Determinations made by the Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal), as compiled in PACMAN, PACMAN is the authority.

This Member's Guide does not incorporate or make provision for members on a flexible service determination.

For this topic....


  • ADF Pay and Conditions Manual, Chapter 10 Part 3 and Part 5

Who do I contact

Defence Service Centre

1800 DEFENCE (1800 333 362)

Website feedback

Do you like the Member's Guide layout?
Would you like to see more information?
Do you have any suggestions for us to consider?

Help us improve the Members Guide by providing your feedback and suggestions.