- The Defence Capability Pathway offers an excellent and tailored training program including on-the-job and off-the-job learning and development opportunities to achieve industry-based professional recognition. For engineering graduates, this includes supporting you to complete your Engineers Australia accreditation competencies.
- Opportunity to build on the skills you learned at university
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Your work will contribute to nationally significant projects that support the Australian Defence Force, and are complex and highly valued
- Opportunity to travel across three rotations.
- Permanent position in Defence on successful completion of the program and advancement to APS 5
- Generous assistance with relocation to your city of employment
From fighter aircraft, Navy ships and soldier systems, to intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance technologies, training in the Capability Pathway will ultimately lead to work within the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) - one of Australia’s largest program management, logistics, procurement and engineering services. CASG has operations in more than 70 locations throughout Australia and overseas. Our civilian workforce is responsible for managing the acquisition and sustainment of the equipment used by the Australian Defence Force across air, land and sea domains.
Defence is committed to the professional development of its people and provides significant opportunity for career advancement. The 18-month program consists of three six-month work rotations, at various locations around Australia,and includes assistance to achieve industry based professional recognition. Your learning and development program will include:
- A five day familiarisation tour where you will visit Navy, Army and Air Force bases to meet Australian Defence Force members and interact with military equipment.
- Senior Officer Briefs where you will meet Defence’s senior leaders, including the Chief of the Defence Force and Secretary of Defence, to discuss Defence’s strategic objective, career management and the senior officer’s personal insights.
- A visit to Parliament House to view Members of Parliament engage in question time
- Rotation specific training to provide you with the skills and knowledge to undertake rewarding, exciting and challenging work
- Meetings with the Graduate Management Team and your experience supervisor to discuss your learning and development needs, career aspirations and performance feedback.
- A dedicated Graduate Management Team that will guide and advise you throughout your program.
Defence offers a generous remuneration package, conditions of service and leave benefits that will contribute to you enjoying a happy work-life balance. Graduates who complete the program are able to apply for study assistance, including financial reimbursement and study leave, to pursue further studies (i.e. postgraduate programs).
The Defence Capability Pathway offers the following job Streams: