Application for an International Import Certificate
This application form is to apply for a certificate, for the purpose of
verifying to a foreign Government that the items to be imported into Australia
will be subject to Australian export controls.
This certificate may be
required by the foreign government before they approve the export of the items
Important Note: This form is not an application for an Import Permit
for the purposes of the
Customs Act 1901
. It is the responsibility of the importer to refer to
the Australian Border Force (www.border.gov.au
relevant State Regulations as to whether an import permit is required.
The SmartForm functionality works best when the form is opened in Adobe Reader. Opening the Smartform in Adobe Acrobat Professional or another PDF reader may cause problems with the form. Adobe Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website
and is suitable for use on most operating systems. Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed to avoid problems when using the Smartform.
- To complete this application form you will need to quote your DECS Client
Registration Number (DCRN). If you don't have a DCRN, you must first register
with Defence. A Client Registration Form can be downloaded from the Forms page.
- When you submit your completed application, you will be required to attach
supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Purchase Order
- For the import of firearms, related parts and accessories, and ammunition, you will be required to attach the following supporting documentation:
- B709 Application for Police Authorisation form
- Individual or dealers firearm licence
More information on using the form can be found in the Guide to Using a SmartForm.
: When you complete this form, you will be prompted to submit it via email to DEC
. You do not need to post or fax a copy of the application as well
Problems using the SmartForm?
If you have difficulty opening or using the SmartForm from the link above, you may download and save a PDF version of the form to your computer. To download a copy of the form do the following:
- 'right-click' (Windows) or 'control-click' (Mac) on this link;
- select "Save Target As..." (Windows - Internet Explorer) or "Download Linked File As..." (Mac OS - Safari);
- select a suitable location for the form to be saved to your computer; then
- select "Save".
* These commands may vary slightly for other web browsers such as Google Chrome or Firefox and the operating system you are using.
Once you have downloaded the form, you should open it in Adobe Reader to complete it. When the form is complete, you will be prompted to submit it via email to us.
* If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro or another PDF editor on your system, these programs may be set as your default reader for accessing PDF documents. If this is the case, you will have to tell the system to open the form with Adobe Reader. To do this 'right-click' (Windows) or 'control-click' (Mac) on the saved file and select 'Open With', then select Adobe Reader from the list of programs. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed it can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
If you continue to have problems using the SmartForm please contact DEC.