The EMOS 3rd Party Audits program is a three-year program which will assess 75 establishments around Australia. The audit program will consist of four key stages:
- A contract level assessment of the three EMOS management systems to assess the overall efficacy of their asset management systems, policies, procedures and plans.
- A desktop assessment of 18,000 assets across the Defence Estate to assess if maintenance has taken place in accordance with the requirements of the Service Definition Tables (SDT) and relevant statutory and legislative requirements.
- Physical audits of statutory Assets across 300 facilities across the Defence Estate.
- Development and management of EMOS Corrective Action Plan (CAP) and Continuous Improvement (CI) progress.
The audit will also assess:
- WHS activities
- Estate Appraisal
- Asbestos Management
- Registrable Plant
- Electrical Operating Authorities
- Water Quality Management
- Hazardous Chemical Management
In accordance with the Service Delivery Division (SDD) "three lines of Defence" assurance model (see Figure 1.) Beca have been engaged by the Directorate Estate Planning and Upkeep to deliver the 3rd Party Audits on EMOS activities as a 2nd Layer Product Specific audit activity.
Figure 1: the "three lines of Defence" assurance model
The driver for this assurance program is to support Defence Capability by providing Estate Elements which are SAFE, SERVICEABLE and COMPLIANT.