Estate Investment Requirement (EIR)
The Estate Investment Requirement (EIR) smart form is to be used to capture business unit, Command or Headquarters requirements on the Defence estate.
If the EIR does not meet defence capability requirements, is not suitably justified and or does not provide enough information; the EIR may be rejected and returned to the sponsor/user for further justification and/or more information.
The following is a list of the possible business functions that need a EIR:
- Compliance and safety works
- Sponsor funded works
- Minor Facilities Upgrades
- Building refurbishments
- Road grading and resurfacing
- Infrastructure maintenance works
- Works at fuel installations
- Construction works for new capability
- Infrastructure Upgrades
- Building Replacements
- Disposals of properties
- Acquisition of properties and land
- Domestic Leasing
- Overseas Leases
Activity - Sponsor/User identifies requirement/project
- Sponsor/User identifies a requirement from the need to sustain current capability or the need to support future capability.
- For assistance in the completion of EIR forms specific to the Estate Works Program (EWP) refer to the EWP guidance page.
Activity - Sponsor completes the EIR form and sends to the EIR Mailbox
Activity - Sponsor / User seeks the appropriate delegates review, comment and approval of the EIR
- Sponsor/User obtains endorsement of the EIR in accordance with the relevant Guidance Notes.
Activity - Sponsor / User submits the approved EIR Form via email to the EIR Administration Team
- Sponsor/User emails the approved EIR to the EIR Mailbox in accordance with the relevant Guidance Notes.
Activity - As required the EIR Admin Team will identify/resolve any quality issues with the Sponsor / User
- EIR Admin Team will identify/resolve quality issues with Sponsor/User.
Activity - EIR Admin Team will email Sponsor confirming receipt of the EIR
- EIR is registered for Tracking purposes.
- An email will be returned to the Sponsor/User confirming receipt and allocation of the EIR to the responsible E&IG team.
- EIR Admin Team will save all relevant EIR e-mails in Objective.
Activity 4 - EIR assigned to the relevant area
- EIR Admin Team will contact the responsible E&IG team for appropriate action and next steps via email.
- EIR Tracker is updated.
Activity 5 - Relevant Branch resources review/development of the EIR
- Relevant E&IG team establishes contact with the Sponsor/User to review the details in EIR. When reviewing the EIR, consider the following:
- Is there sufficient information in the EIR to progress to the next stage?
- What is the project scope?
- What is the funding source, if required?
- What is the suitability of the proposal?
- Scope changes to the EIR need to be noted, updated and reviewed.
Note: If the EIR does not meet defence capability requirements, is not suitably justified and/or does not provide enough information; the EIR may be rejected and returned to the sponsor for further justification and or more information.
Activity 6 - Relevant Branch resource responds to Sponsor / User notifying of approval / rejection of EIR
- Relevant E&IG team notifies the Sponsor/User confirming the approval or rejection of the EIR.
- Tracker is updated.