Affected by sexual misconduct?
If you have been affected by an incident of sexual misconduct, it is important to remember that it was not your fault.
SeMPRO can assist by:
- Providing you with someone to talk to about what has happened.
- Putting you in touch with local support services.
- Supporting you to make a formal report, if you want to.
Managing a report?
If you are managing a report of sexual misconduct within your workplace, your initial response is very important.
- Listen to what they are telling you and let them talk at their own pace.
- Believe them.
- Do not ask 'why' questions.
- Remind them that the assault was not their fault and acknowledge their bravery in coming forward.
SeMPRO is available to provide advice and guidance on your role as a support person as well as your responsibilities as a commander or manager.