LAND 17 1B/1C - CONSTRUCTION AND UPGRADE OF INDIRECT FIRE SUPPORT FACILITIES
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works
PWC Process Stages
The PWC’s Manual of Procedures for Departments and Agencies identifies eight steps in the PWC process:
- Identification of the need to refer a proposed public work to the PWC;
- the preparation of a submission to the PWC (the Statement of Evidence);
- the referral of a proposed project to the PWC;
- pre-public hearing activities;
- site inspection;
- public hearing and follow-up; and
- the tabling of the PWC’s report in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
- Parliamentary approval by the House of Representatives for work to commence.
The following milestones for LAND 17 1B/1C Construction and Upgrade of Indirect Fire Support Facilities have been achieved:
- The Project was referred in Parliament on the 20 October 2016
- The Hearing will be held on the 26 November 2016 at Australian Parliament House.
- Parliament approved the Project (based on PWC recommendation) on 16 February 2017.
Click here for a link to the L17 1B/1C Statement of Evidence.