Acquisition - Develop
Activity - ASPM receives an endorsed Initial Business Case (IBC) and Handover Minute from Estate Planning (EP) Branch
- ASPM receives the endorsed IBC from EP branch via email.
- ASPM receives the approved project from PMF via SAP workflow
- ASPM, or a delegate, transfers the project via SAP Workflow to DPAMNT.
Activity - Project Director (DPAMNT) receives the approved project from ASPM
- DPAMNT, or a delegate, updates the SAP record with the appropriate Project Officer and transfers the project via SAP workflow to the Project Officer.
Activity - Project Officer commences the Project Initiation
- Project Officer adds the 'Acquisition - Compulsory' SAP template to the approved project.
Activity - Project Owner updates project with relevant IBC information
Risk & Compliance Element Data
- Project Officer adds the relevant project details obtained during the IBC process to the project record.
- Project Officer attaches a copy of the endorsed IBC to the project record.
Activity - Project Owner develops detailed Acquisition Management Plan
Risk & Compliance Element Data
- Click here for Defence SAP Acquisition Management Plan Guidance
- Note: Information and details of the Acquisition Management Plan will be entered into Defence SAP. Each section of the plan will be presented as a field in which the details can be entered. If any of the sections have appeared previously in Defence SAP within the Planning phase and have had data entered, this data will automatically appear – e.g. Property Id, Project Title, etc. (availability of this functionality will initially be impacted by the Deployment SAP to each area of E&IG).
- Defence SAP will also allow for the linking of attachments and/or the entire project folder in Objective – e.g. maps, plans, etc
- The fields that comprise the Acquisition Management Plan must be able to be updated throughout the life of the project. Many of the fields are continually updated as information is collected through the acquisition management process and act as a tracking and monitoring tool for the Project Officer to manage costs, payments, dates, etc.
- Defence SAP will provide a form facility that will allow the entered information to be printed in the current format, if/when a hard copy is required.
- The non-completion of some of the fields within this section should be considered acceptable and not prevent the progression of the project within the Defence SAP solution.
- Note: that a number of fields/data items will be mandatory at some stage within the project management process so as to remain consistent with other project types within the Defence SAP solution.
- Project Officer assigns resources(staff) for the phase.
- Project Officer workflows/allocates tasks to the relevant resources in SAP.
Activity - Project Officer engages Property Services Contractor
Risk & Compliance Element Environment
- Project Officer engages Property Services Contractor to assist with the acquisition process. This may include, but is not limited to property valuations, surveys and environmental site assessments (ESA).
- Project Officer records progress on Contractor Procurement against the associated task in SAP.
Activity - DPAMNT advises DoF of possible acquisition
- DPAMNT arranges a meeting with DoF to provide a background to the acquisition and discuss the approach to be adopted.
Activity - DoF takes into consideration Defence’s reasons for acquiring the property
- Defence seeks in principle agreement from DoF to the acquisition approach and for a valuation and Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) to be conducted with the land owner.
- Project officer records the date of agreement in the Time Management section of the Acquisition Management Plan.
Activity - Project Officer facilitates a meeting with the property owner or owner's representative
- Project Officer reviews whether they or the Property Services Contractor facilitates a meeting with the property owner, or owner's representative, advising of:
- The acquisition approach (on a no commitment basis);
- The LAA requirements;
- The requirement for a valuation (organised by Property Services Contractor);
- The requirement for an ESA (organised by Defence);
- Statutory rights under section 47 of the LAA concerning leaseback; and
- Rights under section 78 to have compensation determined by a pre-acquisition agreement.
- Where appropriate a representative from Finance may be present.
- Project Officer actions checklist box that indicates that the meeting with the owner and/or owner's representative has been held.
Activity - Project Officer notifies all internal Stakeholders
- Project Officer sends an email engaging all internal Defence stakeholders. The email will also request a list of Defence regional representatives that will require temporary authorised access to the site prior to and during the acquisition. Nominated representatives must provide robust justification as to why they require access.
- Project Officer actions checklist box that indicates that the stakeholders have been notified.
Activity - Finance to complete Financial Requirements (confirm process with ID Finance)
Risk & Compliance Element Data
- This will be raised via an assigned task from Project Officer to Finance.
- ID Finance will advise when finance has been raised.
- Defence SAP will provide function to allow link to an email and/or other related documentation with Objective, as well as a field to capture notes/comments.
Business rules - None of the above activities are required to be carried out in any order and Defence SAP will provide flexibility for tasks within this sub-process to be recorded as required.
Activity - Obtain acquisition quotes (including evaluation requirements, surveying, etc.)
- Property Services Contractor forwards the requested acquisition quote(s) for valuation services to DPAMNT for approval.
- DPAMNT approves both the quote/s based on guidance from Property Services Contractor and value for money.
Activity - Obtain Valuation Report and Guidance
- Property Services Contractor arranges a date and time for the valuer to conduct the valuation in consultation with the property owner, or representative and a regional Defence representative.
- Property Services Contractor forwards the valuation report to DPAMNT, providing guidance on an offer to be made to the property owner or representative.
- Project Officer records the date of the Valuation report and any other due diligence requirement to be recorded within the Time Management Section of the Acquisition Management Plan.
Activity - Release the Deliver Phase is Defence SAP
- Release the Deliver Phase.
- Add required resources for the Deliver Phase.