Business Access Offices
Your Defence and industry interface
- Providing Australian businesses with information, guidance, and advice on doing business with Defence; and
- Providing the Australian Defence Organisation with insight and access to industry capability and regional information.
What do the Business Access Offices do?
Located in each mainland capital city, the role of the Business Access Offices is to:
- Build and maintain the Defence-Industry relationship by providing advice, information and guidance on doing business in the defence market to industry; while
- Providing Defence with local knowledge, information and data on defence industry and regional matters, including on current and emerging company capabilities.
Who do the Business Access Offices work with?
The Business Access Offices are a service-focused team with a broad range of customers:
- Australian defence industry (prime contractors and small-to-medium enterprises);
- Defence through the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group;
- industry representative bodies;
- the Australian Defence Force;
- the federal and state governments including ministers, parliamentarians, departments and agencies; and
- other Department of Defence organisations (including, but not limited to, Defence Support & Reform Group and Joint Logistics Command).
Business Access Offices provide strategic insights into ways of doing business in the defence market
The Business Access Offices consult with industry through:
- meetings and one-on-one guidance;
- visits to company facilities; and
- facilitating program and project briefings.
Major activities to assist Australian industry:
- aid industry understanding of Defence business and facilitate Defence awareness of industry capabilities;
- provide tailored information and advice on national Defence business opportunities;
- provide status of Defence projects and capability plans;
- identify, and where appropriate, refer potential new products and services to relevant teams within Defence;
- work with local and state Government and industry representative bodies to deliver up-to-date information and presentations on issues of interest;
- provide references on procurement processes within Defence;
- provide information on other Defence industry assistance programs;
- provide industry with current advice on the implementation of Defence Industry policy; and
- liaise between Defence and Industry to ensure all stakeholders are informed on any up-dates to Industry policy.
Begin the process
In order to define your offering complete a Quad Chart AND Company Capability form and send via the submit button. Or you may care to contact your local BAO on Freecall 1800 621 783, or contact the nearest Business Access Office state manager on the telephone numbers indicated on the contacts page