- Can you make a contribution to Australia's understanding of the strategic and national security environment?
- Do you want to advise Australia's most senior decision-makers and Defence planners?
- Do you want a career that will use and develop your analytical skills?
- Do you want the opportunity to represent Australia internationally?
- Are you interested in joining a successful, vibrant and collaborative workforce?
DIO is seeking high-achieving graduates that can apply their knowledge of international relations, politics, history, economics, social sciences, language, science, engineering or mathematics to make a vital contribution to the security of our nation.
What do we do at DIO?
DIO analyses information from a range of national and international sources and creates insightful, reliable and incisive assessments that help defend Australia and protect its interests. DIO is at the forefront of world-altering events - as they happen and sometimes before they happen.
What can you do at DIO?
Your mission will be to provide the best intelligence possible to the Defence Minister, government policy-maker or battlefield commander. Your assessments and advice will help the Australian Government and the Australian Defence Force understand international developments and how they affect Australia's security, on critical issues such as the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, terrorism, regional security, foreign military capabilities and weapons systems, cyber threats and defence-related technologies.
- Politics, international relations, economics, history, social sciences, language, science, engineering, mathematics
- Program deadlines
- Applications for the 2019 program will open in February 2018
- Citizenship requirements
- Australian citizens ONLY
- Additional eligibility requirements
- Applicants must have a checkable background and be willing to undergo a security assessment covering the past 10 years or from your 16th birthday, whichever is greater.
- Must have attained a minimum of Credit average.
- Residency requirements
- Canberra, ACT
- Salary range
- An APS4 salary plus 15.4% superannuation. In addition, employees receive great training and development opportunities, a family-friendly and flexible working environment, and relocation benefits (if required).
- Further information
- Defence Graduate Opportunities or email HR Business Partner