Defence Industry Policy Division was established in December 2015 to inform and improve how Defence approaches industry engagement and innovation. The division comprises three branches:
- Defence Capability and Innovation Branch
- Defence Export Controls Branch
- Defence Industry Branch.
Defence and Industry outlines support programs for industry to do business with Defence, including:
- Defence Policy for Industry Participation
- Australian Industry Capability
- Centre for Defence Industry Capability
- Industry Skilling Program Enhancement
- Priority Industry Capability
- SUBS in Schools Program
- F1 in Schools Program.