ADF Workplace Remuneration Arrangement
Workplace Remuneration Arrangement (WRA)
The WRA is the means by which all ADF members (excluding statutory office holders) may receive regular increases in salary and salary-related allowances.
The Directorate of Military Remuneration (DMR) is the lead for the development of ADF remuneration.
- Applies to all ADF members (excluding Statutory Office Holders such as Chief and Vice Chief of the Defence Force and the three Service Chiefs).
- Applies to salary and the salary-related allowances only.
- To be delivered by instalments:
- 2.0% from 3 November 2016;
- 2.0% from 5 November 2015;
- 0.5% from 12 March 2015; and
- 1.5% from 6 November 2014.
- The current WRA will expire on 3 November 2017. The new WRA is to commence on 4 November 2017 pending Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal (DFRT) approval at a hearing on the matter, scheduled prior to the expiry date
Current rates - 3 November 2016
The Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal approved the following changes:
- WRA 2% increase from 5 November 2015
- Senior Dental Officer amendments from 25 November 2015
- Field Allowance amendment from 25 February 2016
- Recruit Instructor allowance from 10 March 2016
Please note: This page is a guide only. For further information on policy refer to the ADF Pay and Conditions Manual.
ADF Salaries and Bonuses - provides information on salary structures, pay scales, increments and related Conditions of service for ranks of the ADF.
Its also provides information about superannuation and retention benefits, overpayments and recovery of them, and payments during detention.
ADF Allowances and Reimbursements - provides information relating to the range of allowances such as:
- General Disability Allowance
- Trainee Allowance
- Separation Allowance
- Adventurous Training Instructor Allowance
- Arduous Conditions Instructor Allowance
- Diving Allowance
- Flying Allowance
- Submarine Escape Disability Allowance
- Matrtime Disability Allowance
- Boarding Party Allowance
- Reserve Allowance
- Special Forces Disability Allowance
- Clearance Diver Allowance
- Unpredictable Explosives Allowance
- Paratrooper Allowance
- Recruit instructor disability allowance
- Sustainment Allowances
- Maritime sustainability allowance
- Special Forces sustainability allowance
See Allowance Rates for more information.