Strengthened Export Controls Steering Group
The Steering Group was chaired by Australia's Chief Scientist, Professor Ian Chubb AC, and comprised senior representatives from industry, research, and government sectors, including:
- Professor Peter Hoj, Vice Chancellor of the University of Queensland as co-Deputy Chair;
- Mr Ken Peacock AM, co-Deputy Chair (industry);
- Professor Anne Kelso, CEO National Health and Medical Research Council;
- Professor Aidan Byrne, CEO Australian Research Council;
- Professor Mike Calford, Vice Chancellor-Research, University of Newcastle;
- Mr David Gillard, from BAE Systems as a industry representative;
- Mr Michael Edwards (Boeing Australia), industry representative;
- Mr Ohad Katz (Raytheon), industry representative;
- Dr Alex Zelinsky, the Chief Defence Scientist; and
- Ms Jane Urquhart, Acting Division Head Science and Commercialisation Policy from the Department of Industry and Science
The Steering Group worked closely with Defence and stakeholders during the 12 month implementation period, which expired on 1 April 2016.
The Strengthened Export Controls Steering Group website provided more detail on the Steering Group's members, activities and the associated pilot programs during the consultation period. An archived copy of the website is provided here for historical reference.