Application to Export or Supply Controlled Goods and Technology
Note: Before submitting an Application to Export or Supply Controlled Goods and Technology DEC recommends that you use the Online DSGL Tool to assess whether the activity you propose to conduct is controlled, and if so, whether the goods, software or technology are listed on the DSGL.
You should submit an Application to Export or Supply Controlled Goods and Technology if:
- the Online DSGL Tool activity assessment indicates that you are conducting a controlled activity and you believe that your goods, software or technology are listed in the DSGL; or
- you have been unable to determine if the activity is controlled and you believe the goods, software or technology are listed in the DSGL.
If you cannot determine whether your goods, software or technology are listed in the DSGL you should submit an Application for DSGL Assessment.
This application form is to apply for:
- An approval to export or supply goods and technology that are listed in the
Defence and Strategic Goods List (DSGL);
- A permit to export or supply items, including goods and services, for use in
a Weapons of Mass Destruction program; and
- An in-principle approval assessment.
For more information on the export controls process go to the Application Process page.
The SmartForm functionality works best when the form is opened in Adobe Reader. Opening the Smartform in Adobe Acrobat Professional or another PDF reader may cause problems with the form. Adobe Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website
and is suitable for use on most operating systems. Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed to avoid problems when using the Smartform.
- To complete this application form you will need to quote your DECS Client
Registration Number (DCRN). If you don't have a DCRN, you must first register
with Defence. A Client Registration Form can be downloaded from the Forms page.
- When you submit your completed application, you may be required to attach
supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Technical specifications and/or brochures;
- Individual or Dealers Firearm licence (both sides) and registration certificate;
- End-User Certificates or Statements;
- Foreign government import/export approvals;
- Purchase Order;
- Classified Information Release authority;
- Defence Materiel Office Approval to release classified material;
- Evidence of an intention to demonstrate the goods or technology (such as an
invitation to display); and
- Additional information or statement.
More information on using the form can be found in the Guide to Using a SmartForm.
: When you complete this form, you will be prompted to submit it via email to DEC
. You do not need to post or fax a copy of the application as well
Problems using the SmartForm?
If you have difficulty opening or using the SmartForm from the link above, you may download and save a PDF version of the form to your computer. To download a copy of the form do the following:
- 'right-click' (Windows) or 'control-click' (Mac) on this link;
- select "Save Target As..." (Windows - Internet Explorer) or "Download Linked File As..." (Mac OS - Safari);
- select a suitable location for the form to be saved to your computer; then
- select "Save".
* These commands may vary slightly for other web browsers such as Google Chrome or Firefox and the operating system you are using.
Once you have downloaded the form, you should open it in Adobe Reader to complete it. When the form is complete, you will be prompted to submit it via email to us.
* If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro or another PDF editor on your system, these programs may be set as your default reader for accessing PDF documents. If this is the case, you will have to tell the system to open the form with Adobe Reader. To do this 'right-click' (Windows) or 'control-click' (Mac) on the saved file and select 'Open With', then select Adobe Reader from the list of programs. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed it can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
If you continue to have problems using the SmartForm please contact DEC.