Indicators of Diversity and Inclusion in Defence
the effectiveness and success of this strategy and the achievement our goals
for diversity and inclusion in Defence, we will look through the three lenses
as utilised in Defence’s ‘People in Defence’ strategy.
'We must increase the underlying support for the consideration of a Defence career among members of the Australian community.'
- Defence has strategies that have achieved
the attraction and recruitment of Australians from diverse
- Defence has increased the proportion
of the community from diverse backgrounds considering a career in Defence.
- Defence has increased recruiting achievement among diverse groups of targeted
- Defence has positioned itself as an employer of choice among diverse groups.
'We must attract and recruit our required share of the available talent pool - in terms of volume and quality - while retaining the People identified as critical to Defence Capability.'
- Performance Indicators:
- Defence has the mechanisms and support structures that champions diversity and inclusion.
- Defence has increased the diversity of our workforce to better
reflect the Australian community.
- Defence has increased job satisfaction among its people.
- Defence is retaining critical people throughout the stages
of career and life.
'Government must have confidence that Defence is delivering the required People Capability on a consistent, sustainable and affordable basis.'
- Defence is able to deliver
People Capability to meet Government requirements and Defence capability.
- Defence delivers on whole of Government initiatives
for diversity in the workplace.
- Defence complies with the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Direction on Workplace Diversity.
The Diversity and Inclusion Implementation Plan will support
our Strategy by describing the specific activities and initiatives to be undertaken by the Services
and Groups to realise our goals for diversity and inclusion in Defence. It will harness the Defence cultural
levers for change and build
on current plans, strategies, programs and activities
for identified priority groups to ensure progress.