Defence Indigenous University Support Program
The Defence Indigenous University Support Program provides Indigenous students with sustained support and exposure to Defence throughout their study.
- A hard-working, team player?
- An effective communicator?
- Achieving good academic results?
- Wanting to be a positive role model?
- Seeking financial help to study?
- Seeking a dynamic career?
Up to 20 sponsorships will be offered each year to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students undertaking university enabling or undergraduate studies.
What is included?
A Defence Indigenous University Support Program includes:
- a $6000 Sponsorship consisting of two payments of $3000 (these payments are to cover costs associated with one full-time year of on-campus or distance study) or
- a $1500 Sponsorship consisting of one payment of $1500 for university enabling programs (these payments are to cover costs associated with one full-time year of on-campus or distance study)
- the potential for student work experience in Defence workplaces near your university or home location (typically mid-year and/or end of year)
- access to mentoring from Defence role models
Am I eligible?
Sponsorships are open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are enrolled full time in an Australian university or an eligible university entry program.
More information on eligibility criteria and how to apply are available by visiting the The Aspiration Initiative website.