Pilbara Regiment Family Group (PRFG)
The PRFG was set up to provide a social and supportive atmosphere for new families posted to this remote region. The group organises activities for members such as first aid courses, tours to Millstream National Park, cruising the Dampier Archipelago and quiz nights. We also organise babysitting during the Regiment's Annual Ball and assist members from outstations (i.e. Newman, Tom Price, Port Hedland) to get to Karratha to be able to join in the Ball.
More information: email@example.com
Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
VVCS provides free and confidential, nation-wide counselling and support for war and service-related mental health conditions, such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance and anger.
The following resources and websites can give you a good grounding in local information and services available.
- Government of WA - This website is your doorway to Western Australia’s information and services, including health, business, law, community, education, recreation, tourism, transport and local area information.
- Western Australia Tourism Commission - The official tourism website, with information about things to do and see, travel and vital information about WA.
- Australia’s NorthWest - Discover more about this fascinating corner of Australia, including travel information, events and things to see and do.
- Karratha Visitor Centre - Regional information, attractions, activities and things to do in the West Pilbara coast and Karratha region
NORTH WEST CAPE / EXMOUTH
- Exmouth Visitor Centre - Things to do and see in Exmouth and surrounds
- Shire of Exmouth - Community and services information for Exmouth and surrounds
- Department of Communities - With sections for youth, women, parents and families, the department has a wealth of information about community resources in WA
- Community Link and Network WA - CLAN WA helps strengthen families in WA by encouraging healthy relationships, effective parenting, support networks and community participation
Defence postings in the Pilbara and northern WA area
You can also talk to your Unit Welfare Officer for more information.