Uncontrolled when Printed
S8C15 - AIRCRAFT COMPASS SYSTEM CALIBRATION AND COMPASS SWING SITES
Table of Contents
WARNING - AAP 7001.059 TAREG VERSION
The procedures in AAP7001.059-TAREG support compliance with AAP7001.053-Technical Airworthiness Regulations, which have been superseded.
Procedures supporting compliance with AAP8000.011-Defence Aviation Safety Regulations are contained in AAP 7001.059-TRANSITION
An organisation’s exposition details which 059 version is applicable
1. The accurate calibration of an aircraft compass system is essential to flight safety and to the effective operation of other integrated systems. The accuracy of the aircraft compass system depends primarily on the characteristics of the chosen compass swing site and external influences introduced into the system.
2. This chapter prescribes the Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) responsibilities and procedures to be followed when calibrating aircraft compass systems and managing compass swing sites.
3. The Senior Maintenance Manager (SMM) or delegate is responsible for ensuring that:
4. The compass swing site Manager or delegate is responsible for ensuring that:
AIRCRAFT COMPASS CALIBRATION REQUIREMENTS
5. Aircraft compass calibrations for all aircraft must be in accordance with the responsible System Program Office (SPO) authorised maintenance data. Furthermore, AAP 7090.001–99 - Avionics Engineering General Instructions Instruction 3—Calibration of Aircraft Compass Systems details the requirements for calibration accuracy limits, forms and Fourier analysis requirements to be used when calibrating aircraft compass systems.
Assessment of Aircraft Compass System Calibrations
6. The results of all aircraft compass system calibrations and Fourier analysis are to be checked and signed by the SMM or delegate. The serviceability of the aircraft compass system is then to be entered into the recording and certification system as required by AAP 7090.001–99 Instruction 3 or other authorised maintenance data.
COMPASS SWING SITE REQUIREMENTS
7. Aircraft compass swing sites must be checked and surveyed in accordance with AAP 7090.001–99 Instruction 24—Management and Maintenance of ADF Aircraft Compass Swing Sites.
|Top of Page|