Uncontrolled when Printed
S8C14 - AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE CONTROL
Table of Contents
1. Integral to the management and control of aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance is the management and control of maintenance documentation. Within the ADF, the management and control aspects of aircraft maintenance are the responsibility of the Maintenance Control Office (MCO) and maintenance personnel performing the maintenance activity. To ensure the smooth operation of the management system, the MCO relies on the provision of accurate information by maintenance personnel.
2. This chapter prescribes the AMOs responsibilities associated with aircraft maintenance control.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE DATA
3. The AMO is responsible for establishing a system for the management of records which collates and maintains the following information related to aircraft and aeronautical product:
4. All applicable aircraft and aeronautical product history must be recorded. Records must be continually updated and contain the current information required to initiate maintenance activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL
5. The specific duties and responsibilities of AMO maintenance personnel must be laid down in local instructions. The SMM will normally delegate responsibility for the control and management of maintenance and associated documentation to an experienced Maintenance Manager (MM). This delegate may further delegate aspects of this responsibility to competent subordinate MMs, eg OIC MCO.
MAINTENANCE CONTROL PROCESSES
6. The use and operation of aircraft maintenance documentation is detailed in Section 4 Chapter 2-Recording and Certification of Aircraft and Aeronautical Product Maintenance.
|Top of Page|