Uncontrolled when Printed
S8C4 - RECOVERY OF AIRCRAFT AND SALVAGE AND DISPOSAL OF AERONAUTICAL PRODUCT
The procedures in AAP7001.059-TAREG support compliance with AAP7001.053-Technical Airworthiness Regulations, which have been superseded.
Procedures supporting compliance with AAP8000.011-Defence Aviation Safety Regulations are contained in AAP 7001.059-DASR
An organisation’s exposition details which 059 version is applicable
1. Following an Aviation Safety Occurrence an Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) may be required to carry out the recovery, salvage and disposal of aircraft and aeronautical product. This chapter prescribes the AMO responsibilities and procedures to be followed to effectively manage these processes.
RECOVERY OF AIRCRAFT
2. Recovery of aircraft following an Aviation Safety Occurrence must be in accordance with AAP 6734.001 - Defence Aviation Safety Manual and AAP 6730.002 - Aviation Accident Work Health and Safety Manual.
SALVAGE OF AERONAUTICAL PRODUCT
3. Salvage is the process of retrieving aeronautical product from an aircraft involved in an accident or incident for assessment and potential repair and return to service. This process is conducted with the support of the responsible SPO, who will provide the applicable direction. This direction may be in the form of authorised maintenance data and/or formal instructions.
4. Salvaged Aeronautical Product returned to service must have an entry placed into its maintenance history record in accordance with the recording and certification system in use stating the item was salvaged from an aircraft accident or incident.
DISPOSAL OF AIRCRAFT AND AERONAUTICAL PRODUCT
5. The disposal of aircraft and aeronautical product is a logistics function and is to be conducted in accordance with approved accounting procedures appropriate to the authorised method of disposal. AMOs initiating disposal action for aircraft or aeronautical product must request disposal instructions from the responsible SPO.
6. The aircraft disposal policy is defined in DEFLOGMAN Pt 2 Vol 5 Chap 10 - Defence Disposal Policy. The responsible SPO will provide the AMO with specific processes/procedures ensuring that aircraft or aeronautical product is removed from aircraft records, appropriately categorised and disposed of.
|Top of Page|