Uncontrolled when Printed
S4C6 - SPECIAL TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS
Table of Contents
WARNING - AAP 7001.059 TAREG VERSION
The procedures in AAP7001.059-TAREG support compliance with AAP7001.053-Technical Airworthiness Regulations, which have been superseded.
Procedures supporting compliance with AAP8000.011-Defence Aviation Safety Regulations are contained in AAP 7001.059-TRANSITION
An organisation’s exposition details which 059 version is applicable
1. A Special Technical Instruction (STI) provides a means for a Systems Program Office (SPO) to issue an urgent engineering and maintenance instruction to AMOs. STIs are limited to technical matters of priority or safety which cannot be satisfied by, or actioned within the timeframe necessary to process a publication amendment, or a Modification Order.
2. This chapter prescribes the requirements for an AMO to effectively manage an STI.
3. An STI is readily identifiable by a ‘Warning Page’ hatching around the page border.
4. An STI will normally belong to a series allocated in accordance with the sponsor SPOs STI identification system. The STI will be numbered sequentially within the applicable series, and released in numerical order to facilitate tracking and filing.
5. Released STIs have a status of either ‘Active’ or ‘Cancelled’. A STI is ‘Active’ until all action is complete, or is superseded by a new or amended STI, after which it becomes ‘Cancelled’. The status of released STIs is promulgated by means of a Consolidation Index.
MANAGEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Approved Maintenance Organisation
6. The AMO is responsible for:
Senior Maintenance Manager
7. The Senior Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
Maintenance Control Office
8. The Maintenance Control Office is responsible for:
DEFERMENT OF STI INCORPORATION
9. If an urgent unforeseen operational or technical non-compliance develops that overrides the STI incorporation requirements, the SMM or delegate may defer the STI in accordance with Section 3 Chapter 11—Deferment of Required Maintenance. However, the SMM or delegate must notify, and should seek SPO advice in making the assessment prior to deferring the STI.
10. In the event the SMM or delegate is unable to contact the relevant SPO, the SMM or delegate must complete the assessment and notify the SPO of the STI deferral at the first available opportunity.
|Top of Page|