Uncontrolled when Printed
S2C3 - MAINTENANCE AUTHORISATION OF NON-TECHNICAL PERSONNEL (OTHER THAN AIRCREW)
Table of Contents
1. Qualified and authorised technical personnel normally perform aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance and associated tasks. However, under some conditions appropriately trained and authorised non-technical personnel with no trade qualifications may carry out limited tasks that do not require the skill, knowledge or the full training of a tradesperson.
2. Approved Maintenance Organisations (AMOs) are required to comply with the requirements of the AAP 7001.053—Electronic Technical Airworthiness Management Manual to carry out maintenance tasks on aircraft and aeronautical product, including when employing non-technical personnel to perform these tasks.
3. This chapter prescribes the AMO responsibilities when authorising non-technical personnel, other than aircrew, to perform tasks on aircraft and aeronautical product.
4. Non-AMOs do not carry out aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance tasks and are not required to comply with the ADF Technical Airworthiness Regulations. However, non-AMOs must develop in conjunction with DAVREG–DGTA staff, a list of tasks and a system for the training and authorisation of non-technical personnel to perform associated aircraft tasks on aircraft and aeronautical product to ensure the technical airworthiness of aircraft and technical integrity of aeronautical product is not compromised. The list of tasks and the system of training must be promulgated in local instructions.
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
5. Aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance and associated tasks must only be performed by non-technical personnel when the following conditions are satisfied:
Senior Maintenance Manager
6. The Senior Maintenance Manager (SMM) is responsible for:
7. In addition to the other responsibilities outlined in paragraph 6, the SMM has the following responsibilities which may be delegated:
8. Non-technical personnel are responsible for:
9. This responsibility may require signing technical documentation in the capacity of a tradesperson for the tasks performed.
Identification of Suitable Tasks
10. When identifying suitable tasks, the SMM or delegate must ensure that the performance of the task by non-technical personnel is not to compromise the integrity of the aircraft or aeronautical product or affect the safety of personnel.
11. Once suitable tasks have been identified, the AMO must promulgate the tasks in local instructions. When promulgated, this constitutes the authorised tasks that may be performed by non-technical personnel. These tasks are subject to review by the SMM or delegate to ensure their continued suitability. Examples of tasks that an SMM or delegate may consider suitable include, but are not limited to:
TRAINING, ASSESSMENT AND AUTHORISATION
12. Non-technical personnel are only to be authorised to perform tasks when the following conditions are met:
Required Training and Assessment
13. When determining the required training, the SMM or delegate must consider:
14. The required training must be given to non-technical personnel by suitably qualified and authorised technical personnel, through a combination of:
15. Following successful completion of all requisite training and prior to formal authorisation, non-technical personnel are to be assessed to demonstrate their competency in performance of the required tasks. The purpose of this assessment is to verify that the appropriate knowledge and skills to perform the tasks safely and to an acceptable technical standard have been developed. All assessments must be conducted under the supervision of an SMM or delegate.
16. Following satisfactory demonstration of competency, the SMM or delegate may authorise non-technical personnel to perform identified tasks. The performance of non-technical personnel must be monitored by the SMM or delegate to ensure competence is maintained and authorisations remain valid.
Withdrawal of Authorisation
Recording of Training, Assessment and Authorisation
18. Following successful completion of the assessment, the SMM or delegate must make an entry in the record of training and employment document.
19. In accordance with Section 3 Chapter 10 Annex A—Management of Army Specific Explosive Ordnance Maintenance, suitably qualified and trained non-technical personnel may act as EO replenishment:
|Top of Page|