Uncontrolled when Printed
S1C1 - INTRODUCTION TO AAP 7001.059-TAREG
Table of Contents
WARNING - AAP 7001.059 TAREG VERSION
The procedures in AAP7001.059-TAREG support compliance with AAP7001.053-Technical Airworthiness Regulations, which have been superseded.
Procedures supporting compliance with AAP8000.011-Defence Aviation Safety Regulations are contained in AAP 7001.059-TRANSITION
An organisation’s exposition details which 059 version is applicable
1. AAP 7001.059-TAREG — ADF Aviation Maintenance Management Manual (TAREG) contains the ADF approved corporate procedures to be used by Approved Maintenance Organisations (AMOs) complying with the Technical Airworthiness Regulations (TAREG). These procedures are promulgated to promote efficiency and consistency of ADF aviation maintenance management and are endorsed by individual Service command authorities.
APPLICABILITY OF AAP 7001.059-TAREG
2. All ADF TAREG compliant AMOs involved in the maintenance of ADF aircraft and Aeronautical Product, must conform to the procedures in AAP 7001.059-TAREG unless a waiver has been granted by the appropriate waiver approval authority.
3. Organisations complying with the Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASR) detail compliance procedures in their Exposition. No waiver is required where DASR regulated AMOs utilise alternative procedures.
WAIVERS TO AAP 7001.059-TAREG
4. Where a TAREG regulated AMO determines that procedures in AAP 7001.059-TAREG are not appropriate because of Service/AMO/weapon system unique circumstances, the AMO may request a waiver to those procedures.
5. A waiver application must be substantiated fully to ensure that all relevant consequences can be considered carefully by the waiver approval authority. The waiver application must substantiate:
6. All waiver applications must be registered and filed appropriately by the originating AMO and forwarded to the relevant waiver approval authority, as follows:
7. Where a waiver is approved the AMO must update their Maintenance Management Plan (MMP) or equivalent to include details of the waiver approval. A copy of the approved waiver must be forwarded to DMSA-AF within 10 working days. Army and Air Force AMOs must also send ‘for information’ copies to SO1 TECH AW & AVN SPT or DDMAINT, respectively.
8. The relevant waiver authority must be advised in writing by the AMO when the grounds for waiver no longer apply or the waiver approval has expired. The waiver authority must terminate a waiver where continued approval of the waiver adversely affects the operational and/or technical airworthiness of the aircraft.
LOCAL WAIVERS TO AAP 7001.059-TAREG
9. AAP 7001.059-TAREG also provides some level of flexibility for AMOs to approve local waivers where the authorised roles and responsibilities of technical personnel need to be varied to meet an urgent operational requirement. Local waiver provisions are limited to discrete procedures and circumstances, as described in Section 2 Chapters 1 and 2.
PUBLICATION CHANGE PROCESS
10. AAP 7001.059-TAREG will not be further amended or updated.
|Top of Page|