Uncontrolled when Printed
S7C5 - COMPETENCY BASED TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT FOR AIR FORCE AVIATION TECHNICIANS
Table of Contents
1. All Air Force aviation tradespersons are required to complete a full or partial national qualification in Aeroskills. This nationally recognised qualification is achieved through competency based training and assessment.
2. The aviation trades competency assessment system within Air Force is to be conducted in accordance with the procedures detailed in Section 7 Chapters 1—Aerospace Competency Standards and Assessment Procedures. This chapter prescribes the procedures to be followed by Air Force AMOs when conducting competency-based trade assessments on Air Force aviation technical personnel.
3. The Air Force Aviation Trades Competency Assessment Service Administrator is the Technical Mustering Sponsor – Directorate of Technical Capability Air Force (DTC–AF) within Logistics Branch.
4. Applications for registration as a Registered Workplace Assessor (RWPA) are to be forwarded to the RAAF TCAS Admin Group Mailbox. On receipt of application the Service Administrator will ensure all workplace assessor competencies have been achieved and reported through PMKeys, and request registration through the Air Force Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The Service Administrator will advise the member when registration has been actioned.
5. Registration expires annually and all RWPAs are required to maintain currency through the Air Force Registered Training Organisation’s (RTO) Currency and Professional Development Program. For further information refer to the Air Force Training System’s Workplace Assessor Portal.
Unit Training Coordinator
6. In addition to the duties detailed in Section 7 Chapter 1, Air Force Unit Training Coordinators (UTCs) are responsible for:
Action on Journal Completion
7. When a tradesperson has achieved the minimum number of UoC required to issue their qualification the UTC is to conduct a complete review of the tradesperson’s Journal to ensure:
8. Once the Journal has been verified as complete the UTC is to issue the applicable Technician regrade proficiency:
9. The UTC is to request the issue of the applicable Certificate III/IV through the RAAF Accreditation group mailbox. The request is to include the tradesperson’s full name, rank and PMKeys number and the date of Journal completion.
Retention of Assessment Documentation
10. Whilst a tradesperson is undergoing competency assessment leading to their qualification award, the UTC is responsible for ensuring all assessment documentation is retained in a separate Objective file or folder for each tradesperson.
|Top of Page|