Uncontrolled when Printed
S5C3 - CONTROLLED CRYPTOGRAPHIC ITEMS FITTED TO AIRCRAFT
Table of Contents
WARNING - AAP 7001.059 TAREG VERSION
The procedures in AAP7001.059-TAREG support compliance with AAP7001.053-Technical Airworthiness Regulations, which have been superseded.
Procedures supporting compliance with AAP8000.011-Defence Aviation Safety Regulations are contained in AAP 7001.059-TRANSITION
An organisation’s exposition details which 059 version is applicable
1. Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) are allocated a security classification which precludes the recording of their removal and installation on electronic recording and certification systems, unless otherwise directed by Defence Cryptographic Controlling Authority. Security management of CCI is controlled by the COMSEC Custodian Officer (CCO) in accordance with ADFP 22.214.171.124-Communications Security Instructions.
2. This chapter prescribes the requirements for Approved Maintenance Organisations (AMO) to effectively manage CCI removed and installed in ADF aircraft in accordance with ADFP 126.96.36.199.
Form EE502 - Maintenance Notification
3. Form EE502 - Maintenance Notification Form is used to initiate maintenance requirements not called out by servicing schedules. Form EE502 must be administered in accordance with Section 4 Chapter 3 Annex G.
Form EE059 - Unserviceable Equipment
4. This unserviceable label is used for aeronautical product not reported to an electronic recording and certification system. The Form EE059 must be administered in accordance with Section 5 Chapter 1—Aeronautical Product.
Form EE209 - Serviceable Technical Equipment
5. This serviceable label is used for aeronautical product not reported to an electronic recording and certification system. The Form EE209 must be administered in accordance with Section 5 Chapter 1.
6. When the maintenance forecast indicates a scheduled servicing is due, the Maintenance Control Office (MCO) Manager must issue the following documentation and forward it to the Maintenance Manager (MM) responsible for the servicing:
Maintenance Manager Responsible for the Servicing
7. The MM responsible for the servicing must ensure the following tasks are carried out:
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities - Completed Documentation
8. On completion of the servicing, the MM assigned to the servicing must:
Maintenance Control Office
9. On receipt of the CCI documentation, the OIC MCO must ensure:
Transferring Approved Maintenance Organisation
10. When CCI are transferred between AMOs, the following procedures are to be followed by the AMO initiating the transfer:
Receiving Approved Maintenance Organisation
11. On receipt of CCI, the receiving AMO must carry out the following procedures:
Physical Security of CCI
12. The physical security requirements for CCI both at home and when deployed is mandated in ADFP 188.8.131.52.
Receipts without Documentation
13. If an AMO receives CCI without documentation the CCO of the receiving AMO must take the following actions:
14. Where the receiving AMO is unable to locate the missing documentation and no previous lifing data is available the item must be returned via the CCO to the relevant repair authority.
Retention and Disposal of Maintenance Records
15. Maintenance records must be retained in accordance with Section 4 Chapter 2 Annex C—Retention and Archiving of Aircraft and Aeronautical Product Maintenance Records and ADFP 184.108.40.206.
|Top of Page|