Uncontrolled when Printed
S4C4 - AERONAUTICAL LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT DOCUMENTATION
Table of Contents
1. ADF authorised Aeronautical Life Support Equipment (ALSE) may be issued individually or as a kit to aircrew and passengers travelling in ADF aircraft. ALSE performs a significant role in preserving aircrew and passenger safety, which necessitates that AMOs have a maintenance documentation system in place to ensure ALSE is serviceable and fit for flight.
2. This chapter prescribes the requirements for AMOs to effectively manage the documentation of maintenance performed on ADF ALSE.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECORDING ALSE MAINTENANCE
3. Maintenance of ALSE must be recorded by the most efficient and effective means to support AMO duties. Paper based ALSE maintenance records may be substituted by an electronic system, provided the procedures in this chapter are satisfied. Electronic recording and certification systems must be used in accordance with the approved operating instructions.
QUALIFICATION AND AUTHORISATION RECORDS
4. Only qualified and authorised personnel may carry out maintenance tasks on ALSE. Qualification and authorisation records must be maintained for all personnel employed to service, maintain and support ALSE in accordance with Section 2 Chapter 1—Maintenance Authorisation and Section 2 Chapter 2—Maintenance by Aircrew.
ALSE MAINTENANCE RECORDS
5. The maintenance record must contain, as a minimum, the following information:
6. A description of the ALSE maintenance record sections is provided in the following paragraphs. An example of a generic ALSE maintenance record is shown in Annex A.
7. AMOs may tailor the example of a maintenance record shown in Annex A to meet specific requirements provided the tailored form and associated procedures are authorised and promulgated in local instructions.
8. An example of an alternate procedure is detailed in Annex B.
9. The ‘Equipment Details’ section of the form is used for recording ALSE location, allocation to aircrew and identification information.
10. Before Flight. The ‘Before Flight’ section provides for the recording and certification of applicable Pre-Flight servicings for each sub-component of the ALSE. This section must be completed for each servicing carried out by maintenance personnel.
11. After Flight. The ‘After Flight’ section provides for the recording and certification of any applicable Post-Flight servicings for each component of the subject ALSE. This section must be completed for each servicing carried out by maintenance personnel.
Details of Unserviceability and Corrective Action
12. The ‘Details of Unserviceability’ and ‘Corrective Action’ sections of the form provide a maintenance record for the equipment and are used for recording unserviceabilities, corrective actions and certifications. Maintenance certification must be completed in accordance with Section 4 Chapter 2—Recording and Certification of Aircraft and Aeronautical Product Maintenance.
13. The ‘Equipment Configuration’ section of the form is used for recording current configuration status of the subject ALSE. Where applicable, the item serial number must be recorded.
Aircrew Acceptance and Release
14. Aircrew Acceptance. The ‘Aircrew Acceptance’ section provides for the recording of aircrew acceptance certifications. This section is signed by the aircrew on receipt of the equipment and inspection of the ALSE Maintenance Record, certifying that the equipment is acceptable for the intended use. Where applicable, an approved aircrew member must certify acceptance for items of ALSE to be issued to non-aircrew passengers.
15. Aircrew Release. The ‘Aircrew Release’ section provides for the recording of aircrew release certifications. Aircrew must certify this section on completion of use of ALSE. Certification indicates that all unserviceabilities and anomalies with the applicable ALSE have been recorded in the ‘Unserviceabilities’ section. Aircrew members must release passenger equipment in the same manner.
RETENTION OF RECORDS
16. Records must be filed and retained, by the AMO performing maintenance on ALSE. The retention and archive requirements for ALSE maintenance records are detailed in Section 4 Chapter 2 Annex C—Retention and Archiving of Aircraft and Aeronautical Product Maintenance Records.
|Top of Page|