The Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) is undertaking a transformation program that will simplify, standardise and modernise Defence’s ICT capability.
Our key projects include:
- End User Computing (NGD) : delivering Microsoft Windows and hardware upgrades.
- Terrestrial Communications (JP2047 Ph3) : reviewing the national network across 375 Defence sites..
- Standalone Networks Remediation: applying security risk mitigation treatments to standalone networks classified SECRET and below.
- Centralised Processing: consolidating computing infrastructure in 11 data centres domestically and 3 internationally.
- Service Management Improvement: defining the CIOG Service Framework.
These five projects will deliver new ICT services and capabilities managed under a single program; the Infrastructure Transformation Program (ITP). All ITP projects are in flight, with the most immediate and large scale impacts and changes being delivered through Terrestrial Communications (JP2047) and End User Computing.
- Defence One: delivering a sustainable, efficient human resources and payroll system for Defence with increased levels of automation, more accurate data, and improved self service options for end users.